I love this image. It's a genuine original. I cooked it up almost entirely on the phone, basically through intuitive play. I felt like I had invented a really good recipe. It started as a crack in a wall down the street from me.
This is basically what I started with - I may have played a little with the contrast and brightness first, but as you can see, it's just a crack in lightly-textured plaster. The texture was pretty important to this image too.
I ran the image through TinyPlanets. I'm already pleased!
Then I put it through ShockMyPic, to give it a little more definition.
Now, I need to introduce some colour to the image. There's several apps that you can do that with. 100 Cameras is one I like to experiment with occasionally. I didn't note which of the dozens of pre-set treatments I used.
It's getting interesting now.
There doesn't seem any reason to do the next step, it was just what I did when I created image. I put it through TangledFX. Again, I didn't note what setting I used.
I now felt that the circle needed to be broken. I used Repix for this. The "Daubs" stylus was used to selectively blot out areas on the crack circle. That sounds like a drug ring.
The dear, departed Laminar was used next. It had several features that were useful for deepening tones.
Sometimes, the pre-sets in Phototoaster are a waste of time. It depends on the image I'm using. Whichever pre-set I used (didn't record it) I got a pleasing, dramatic finish.
Science | Football | Rock 'n' roll | Photography. Only doing one of those here.